You will find rallies, protests, parades, history, hoodlums, drug dealers, and more importantly cheese steaks! This is what we found as we made our way around the city of brotherly love on Saturday. Even though I grew up right outside of Philly, I never really took the time to venture around and see the sites. Of course I had seen the Liberty Bell.....but that was about it. We spent the weekend at my house in Lansdale, and took the train in on Sat. with some friends. We saw the Liberty Bell and the outside of Independence Hall (you have to get tickets....didn't know that!)
We then trekked over to the must see South Street. Lots of great shops, tattoo parlors, prophylactic empires, and random clothing shops with inappropriate music blaring from their speakers. Oh and of course we hit up Jim's Steaks. Next we made our way over to the oldest Catholic church in the US. Very pretty. Our last stop was the Betsy Ross house. Had a random fountain with cat statues on it. I was very excited to see this as I love cats! Apparently the cats and Betsy Ross have nothing to do with each other, the fountain architect just wanted to put cats on it. But you can pretend she was an old cat lady!


The line was so long, I think we waited for like 40 minutes.

Random building on South Street, Matt really liked it!

South Street.

Pretty sure this was a drug deal going down.(Ok...how come no one told me I had written "DRUL deal"??? haha I love that I can't spell....thank you to my family for pointing this out to me.)

Cat fountain!
Look closely! CT represent.

1 comments:
I couldn't live or even go inside that zipper-ant building. It gives me the major creeps.
The rest of the sight seeing trip looked fun. Glad you finally did the tourist thing.
Post a Comment