Friday, October 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Jenna

Jenna and Ami

Happy Birthday to my lil' Sista Jenna who turned the big 14 today! 14 is a BIG birthday in the church....for those that don't know, Jenna now gets to go to church dances. Lucky you.

Matt and I are really into sports right now. The BYU football team is undefeated and is ranked #7 in the national polls. The Phillie's are 2-0 in the playoffs and the Angels are just 'in' the playoffs. The Angels are more of Matt's team and they were doing really well but for some reason they can't beat the Redsocks when it comes to the playoffs. It's only 0-1 so we'll see if they can pull it off.
.
Oh so cute story. I called my sister Hailey (age 9) last night to see if they were watching the Phillie's game. (my sister Jenna is a huge fan). So they were but Hailey wasn't really talking so I told her to give the phone to Dad. This is how the convo went:

"Give the phone to Dad."
"Dad's not home, he's at the Phillie's game."
"How did he get a ticket?"
"Um...I think either President Olson or President Uchtdorf had an extra ticket."
"Really Hailey......President Uchtdorf? I didn't know they were such close friends!"
"Yeah, he had an extra ticket for Dad."
"Hailey....he lives in Salt Lake and he is in the First Presidency."
"Oh, well I guess it was President Olson."

She didn't really seemed phased that she had said President Uchtdorf! She was actually thinking of President Coltron (my dad is in the stake presidency with Pres. Olson and Pres. Coltron). I just thought that was kind of funny.
.
Oh and a shout out for Twilight: The soundtrack for the movie comes out on Nov. 4th and one of the songs is available to listen to on Stepheniemeyer.com. And if you haven't done it yet, you have to read the rough draft of Midnight Sun, which is also posted on her website. It is Twilight told from Edwards point of view and it is really really good. Ok that is all from me.

1 comments:

Mary said...

So cute! I love that story! That is good to know about Twilight, I need to check that out. Sarah was telling me how she came up with the idea (you probably have read it on Stephanie's website), but she had a dream about it that was so intense and felt so real, so when she woke up she just started writing. Cool, huh?! I am still on New Moon, trying to get through it, I'm not as into this one. I found out what happens though in Breaking Dawn, CRAZY!!!! ha.