Friday, March 9, 2012

Girl's Camp Fundraiser

So this year for the fundraiser the girls decided on doing a mexican fiesta dinner and a silent auction (well the leaders kind of decided and the girls ok'd it!) We started in January by promoting it and passing around sign up sheets for donations for the auction. Our ward was so incredibly generous! We had over 50 items and about 20 desserts for the live auction. I was also very fortunate that my Uncle is VERY generous and donated a ton of Xbox and Wii games and accessories for the auction. I asked him if he had anything lying around his office and I really thought he would just send one game....well he sent a HUGE box of stuff, all brand new!!
The girls were very involved and helped out a ton with their fundraiser! They made up the auction sheets, made reminder calls, made the flyers, donated services, wrote the thank you notes, set up, etc! For dinner we had sweet pork, chipolte chicken, and ground beef with lettuce, tomato, fresh made salsa, homemade refried and black beans, homemade lime rice, chips, and yummy tortillas. I think people were impressed that it was 'authentic'. Everything was made from scratch! The decorations were beautiful! The girls made the tissue flower centerpieces and all of the table cloths and runners were donated from a wedding the week before the auction! One of the YW was the emcee and Matt was our auctioneer for the desserts! He is good at that kind of thing haha.  Oh yeah and we also had a talent show that night! Busy busy night packed with FUN! We had a lot of help from everyone in the ward and we are so so grateful for it. In the end the girls raised enough money to cover girl's camp (including the leaders)!


Getting ready and writing Thank you notes to all the donators!

Silent Auction tables
 
 
 
 

We had so many great items and some of them went for a ton of money! Ward members donated Suns tickets, crafts, services, gift certificates for hair cuts, laser treatements, craft classes, and professional teeth whitening! The only thing I forgot to auction off was a bounce house rental...I'm still upset I forgot! Thanks anyways Poiette!!
 

The lemonade was even homemade!
 
 

Matt made this golf cake for the live auction! He is the domestic one in this relationship! So talented.  
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Amy McFarlane said...

that looks so awesome! what a fun idea!

Whitings said...

What a good idea!