Leah and I surprised Lauren for her graduation back in April...only problem was she wasn't surprised! Dad can't keep secrets...maybe that's where I get it from haha. I do have to share that story so I can always remember it and laugh about it. So my Dad was talking to Lauren on the phone and they were talking about her graduation and he said "Ade, what time does Ami get into the airport?" and then he realized his mistake and said, "oops you weren't supposed to hear that". Now he told me the story this way, he admitted to saying the first part about me getting into the airport but then he told me that Lauren said "no dad you are thinking about when Ami goes to PA for Jenna's graduation" to which he responded "oh yeah". Ummm yeah he left out how he told lauren she wasn't supposed to hear that! haha oh dad. So we also wanted to surprise Crystal and as she was driving up the canyon to come see everyone Dad told her "Ami is feeding Leah right now". I was like DADDDDD REALLY?!?!?! haha but she didn't hear him! So she was shocked when she walked in and saw us!
So anyways it was Leah's first plane ride and she did great! We had the entire row to ourselves on the flight out and while she did great it was an exhausting experience for me! Getting a tad bit nervous for our 5 hour plane ride in 3 weeks. We met my parents at the airport which was perfect because their flight got in 10 minutes before ours. Grandpa picked us up and we went to a Thai restaurant for lunch which is where we met up with Lauren, Jared and Kyra. Lauren said she was looking for us when they drove up and was disappointed not to see me or Leah (mainly Leah). We were hiding in a booth but she quickly found us and took Leah right from me! We spent the week in Midway at my grandparents house and drove down to Prove almost every day. Thanks gma and gpa for hosting us. While there we ate out every meal except for 2!! We ate at the Train (Dairy Keen) twice!, cafe rio, Brick Oven for Lauren's grad party, Shirley's bakery, The Marriott School Graduation reception, and even managed to hit up a wedding reception! I of course love my grandma's home cooked meals, she always has steak and potatoes when I come to visit! We had a great time and it was fun for Leah to meet so many of her family members. I always love going back to BYU; it has changed so much but I have so many great memories.
So anyways it was Leah's first plane ride and she did great! We had the entire row to ourselves on the flight out and while she did great it was an exhausting experience for me! Getting a tad bit nervous for our 5 hour plane ride in 3 weeks. We met my parents at the airport which was perfect because their flight got in 10 minutes before ours. Grandpa picked us up and we went to a Thai restaurant for lunch which is where we met up with Lauren, Jared and Kyra. Lauren said she was looking for us when they drove up and was disappointed not to see me or Leah (mainly Leah). We were hiding in a booth but she quickly found us and took Leah right from me! We spent the week in Midway at my grandparents house and drove down to Prove almost every day. Thanks gma and gpa for hosting us. While there we ate out every meal except for 2!! We ate at the Train (Dairy Keen) twice!, cafe rio, Brick Oven for Lauren's grad party, Shirley's bakery, The Marriott School Graduation reception, and even managed to hit up a wedding reception! I of course love my grandma's home cooked meals, she always has steak and potatoes when I come to visit! We had a great time and it was fun for Leah to meet so many of her family members. I always love going back to BYU; it has changed so much but I have so many great memories.
| Dad always has to take a walk around his lot in Midway when he visits!! Maybe one day he'll build on it! |
| Grandpa was honored at the Marriott School graduation for being in the first graduating MBA class 50 years ago!! |



1 comments:
Looks super fun! I went on a date to the Bombay house too...so good
Post a Comment