Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Nicknames

A nickname is sometimes considered desirable, symbolising a form of acceptance-Wikipedia

When it comes to nicknames my family trumps all other families. Meaning, we have tons of nicknames for each and every family member including our pets. We have some of the more traditional nicknames; for example my name, Ami: Amers, Amers Lambers, amskis, ame. But we like to go with more of the bizarre, 'where did that come from?' nicknames. So now I present you with "Nicknames", a compilation of my family's bizarre thought processes.

Cats

Garfield: Garsies, Papa Fur, Po, De Pope (which my Mom put the kibosh on quite quickly, not wanting to insult her Catholic friends), Mr. Gee (this is the newest name given to him by Jenna and Hailey), SuPurr (or Sir Purr), Garsagoonie, Garfunkel.
Pumpkin (no longer with us): Shinzin Smide, Mama Kitty.
Jack: Jackie, Jack-O-Baby, Jackie-Roo, Jackie-Meow, Jackamo, Giacomo.
Toby: Little Fellow.

People

Mom: Mamatu, Pooh (no idea), Marmie, Ade.
Dad: Daddykins, Du, Stanley, Jor Jor Binks.
Crystal: Shwy, Crittle, Crystaleys, Rasputin.
Lauren: Weeno, Warlen, Laur-Laur, Lorenzo, Josephine, Owen.
Kyra: Bubba Do, K-Rock, Kiki.
Jenna: Jennies, Jotinga, Little J, Jota, Little Ho, Jen Jenny Ben Ben.
Hailey: Hay-Hay, Baby, Hales, Helley, Bays, Baysoos.
Matt: Mateus, Matticus, Broter, Studmuffin.

So I don't know if we are normal or just plain strange.......we rarely call each other by our given names. I'm gonna have to declare Garfield the winner of nicknames and say he is the most loved of all the Peterson's haha.

Are any other families out there just as abnormal as us?

3 comments:

Mary said...

haha, our family has tons of nicknames too for everyone. Love them!

laurbird said...

Matt gave himself the nickname "Brota" and the rest of us are all called "Sitta". I guess we are weird.

The Peterson Family said...

Tag - you're it!
I've tagged you - take a peek at my blog to get the details.

Lisa