Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Since We Got Here

So some of you might be wondering what's been going on since we arrived in AZ. Well Matt got here 3 weeks before me and for those three weeks he was working, living in the hotel, getting free room service, going to see movies, working and watching basically every episode of 30 Rock on netflix. Oh yeah and he found us an apartment!
Since I got here we went to a Diamondbacks game (courtesy of Hyatt we got to sit 7 rows behind home plate), drove to California for his Grandma's 80th birthday party and adopted 10 stray cats that live next door to us in a junk yard. I myself have been keeping busy by driving around town, going to the SUPER walmart! Job searching and doing laundry in the laundry facility....thought those days were over. Oh well I do have a dishwasher again; I forgot how wonderful those were!
We're looking forward to house hunting this weekend and going to see Harry Potter!
Yes it is hot here; words cannot describe the heat. But we both feel like it's going to be a great place for us! Ok enjoy some pictures.

This cat we named Scratch. He or She is the only one we can get relatively close to.

The Diamondbacks vs. The Marlins. This is an indoor field, they do open the roof when the weather is nice.


Grandma Moffitt with her grandkids that could make it.

The whole Moffitt gang. Amazing what one woman and one man can do. And this is only half of the family!

3 comments:

Lizzie said...

I'm glad you are doing well! Sounds like fun!

Lindsey said...

Ahh, the Diamondbacks...ahhh!

So excited to see you next week, and Janalie is excited to having a travel companion. Get ready to rethink everything you know about az!

Also, I wanted to point out that there was a sticker on your uncles bum, I hope his wife had joined in the fun...

Allan and Corinne Broadbent said...

Love the updates. We miss you. You have done so much already. Wow. Keep up the summer fun. Allan and I started the show this weekend-it is really fun doing theatre outdoors. So nice of you to adopt the cats-just don't get too close! haha.