Saturday, November 28, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

This year we had Thanksgiving in our new house. Karen, Max, Kevin, Cynthia, Emma and Adam joined us for the holiday weekend. We had a lot of fun watching movies, eating, going to see '2012' and shopping black Friday sales. Matt had to work every day this week due to the big lobby renovation at the Hyatt so it was nice to have some company. Everyone left today so right now I am cleaning and keeping tabs on the BYU vs Utah game. Go cougs :)

Max and Adam

Emma

Matt got home right in time for dinner. It was my first time making Thanksgiving dinner and I had (and needed) a lot of help from Karen :) Thanks Karen!



This weekend was the first time Matt and I slept over in the house. It was so much fun and we can't wait to have more visitors in the future.

4 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Congratulations on your first Thanksgiving feast. It looks scrumptious. And what timing Matt has!

Anonymous said...

Yay for new houses and first time dinners! :-) I did my first Thanksgiving this year too, and my oven is an ancient gas monstrosity that doesn't regulate itself very well heat wise... and well, suffice it to say, the Turkey didn't make it. Everything else was good! Glad to see your dinner went better than mine ;-)

Dana Carlin said...

i am very impressed that you made a turkey!! i was just telling jay that i don't know if i'll ever have to make one (since both of our families are here). i feel like it would be a major undertaking!

Mary said...

Go you for making dinner!!!! That is awesome! I'm excited to do that one time!!! But...I know it is TONS of work as I'm sure you now know :)