What have we been up to? The question really should be what have we not been up to?! Let me see....we are done with our backyard! After three weekends of waking up at 7am and going until sun down we now have our very own private oasis. We have put in patio lights and spotlights, fixed the pool ($300 later...), bought patio furniture and a BBQ and finished the grass. On Friday night we barbecued and finally enjoyed having a backyard after almost 5 years of marriage.
Saturday we invited some families over to enjoy the backyard with us. Saturday morning as we were doing some last minute cleaning and yard work we were fortunate enough to take a trip to the Urgent Care. Matt was breaking palm tree prongs and throwing them away and one of them snapped back and smacked his arm while also going into his arm...it's hard to explain. He thought maybe he had broken or fractured the bone. After two hours, one X-ray, a tetanus shot and no broken bones later they released him. We rushed home and despite his pain he finished mowing the front and back yard! Great man. Might I add that when he told me he thought it was broken I asked him why he wasn't screaming in pain?....to this he replied in disgust, "Ami, I'm a man!" Well then.
I think the party went well and everyone had fun. Lots of kids swam and everyone enjoyed each others company. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures to display but I swear people came!
This morning Matt and I attended via satellite the dedication of the Gila Valley Temple. It was really really nice. President Monson spoke and I just love to hear him speak. I especially love his stories and he told some great ones about President Kimball. President Kimball grew up in the Gila Valley and I'm pretty sure he was right there at the dedication with us. I can't wait for the Philadelphia Temple to be dedicated and become open to the members. I promised my Dad that I would come help with the open house so we'll see where I'm at when it happens. LDS.org says that the temple will be around 40,000-50,000 sq. feet! It will not be a mini temple, that's for sure!

photo by David Palmer
And tonight I will be on my couch from 7pm-11:30pm watching the finale of Lost. I told Matt I just might cry....he told me that's why I really shouldn't be watching TV. It's just that Lost has been in my life for 4 years now and it's another thing I have to part with....I'm know I'm pathetic but just let me have this.
School/work is out this week and then I start school next week! Lot's of fun things coming up!!

4 comments:
We LOVED the BBQ! Thanks for sharing your awesome backyard with us! Wasn't the dedication awesome?! That place is so special to us, its almost too good to be true. I'm stealing the temple pic off your blog; thanks! =)
WOW, you guys did an amazing job on your yard!!! Guess what, we totally missed the first hour of Lost because we thought the thing that started at 7 was the episode...didn't realize the actual episode wasn't recording until almost 10! BOOO!
I'm glad Matt wasn't hurt worse. Woudn't you know it, when you had a party planned? Your yard is simply beautiful. You deserve it.
Elizabeth and I have only watched half of the last Lost so don't tell. I'm dying to see the rest but tonight we rented Avitar from Redbox so it will have to wait. Tomorrow is ANOTHER funeral so it will have to wait. Then the garden should be planted so it will have to wait. This way, I feel like it's still going.
PS I love Hurley the mostest. AND what are they going to do to replace it.
PPS Thanks for the kind thoughts on my blog.
Post a Comment