Peterson Family Reunion 2010 was held in Heber, Utah from July 12-July 19. We hold our reunion every two years and we went to Yellowstone last time. Matt and I flew into SLC on Tues night in order to catch my Grandma and Grandpa's surprise 50th anniversary party in Midway. However, the Jimmy ran out of gas right outside of Salt Lake so we were left waiting at the airport for two hours. We arrived around 11 pm and missed the party, but at least we made it!
Waiting at the airport is fun to do to do to do
Wednesday morning was the golf tournament for the men/woman and spa day for the other women! About 12 of us went and got pedis and manis.
Aunt Ann, Mom, Aunt Lisa, and Aunt Krista
Aubs, Katie, and me
Hailey's first Pedi and Mani (which she paid for by herself!)
Wednesday afternoon was picture day since most everyone attended the reunion. There are 46 people in our family so it is a pretty big deal when we all get together. Everyone flew in from the West coast to the East coast to Hawaii. The only ones missing were Lauren and Stephen who are on missions and AJ who had to work in DC.
Here's the crazy Jordan Peterson Family
This picture is cute cause Matt is holding Mackenzie our newest cousin. Yes I said cousin. I am the 3rd oldest in the Peterson family cousins so I have many little cousins which I love.
I was in charge of making a remembrance book for Grandma and Grandpa's present. I got pictures from everyone and made it on shutterfly. I even included their love story which was written by themselves! It turned out really cute. We all signed it and wrote our memories in it and then presented it to them at the surprise party. I also want to mention that those wonderfully cool reunion shirts you see were my design. Ok I can't really claim the design since it was a generic one on the T-shirt website but I did coordinate and order all of them.
Wed night was game night. We started off by playing murder and then broke off into smaller groups. Matt and I played Settlers of Catan and Matt won. Aunt Ann and Uncle Whit were in charge of Game night and they put out 14 jars of candy and you had to guess how many of whatever was in them. I won two!! One of the containers was a baby bottle and Katie and I tied! We announced that whoever gets pregnant first can take the bottle. It's in storage for now.
My Dad won like 6 of them, he's a banker so go figure.
Thursday was Lake day at Deer Creek Reservoir. Uncle Chris brought his boat and we all had tons of fun going tubing.
Hailey and I went together and Hailey would not let go no matter what! She was hanging upside down at one point.
Friday we had the Peterson Olympics and also watched my cousins Jake and Connor perform a skateboarding expo.
My team consisted of Uncle Chris, Megan, Dan, little Tanner and Danielle. We came in first place in almost all of the games! Megs and I did not come in first place in the licorice game but we came in 3rd.
For lunch we hit up Dairy Keen in Heber or AKA The Train. LOVE their shakes. I went twice!
Afterwards Mom, Jenna, Kyra and I headed down to Provo so I could walk around BYU. It's been three years since I've been there and I missed it. I love BYU.
While in Utah County I had to go see Crystals new baby kitty, Tiley. She is so presh but wild.
Saturday was SLC day. We headed over to the Kings English Bookstore in East SL to watch my Aunt Lezlie do a book reading. She read "Sometimes I feel like a Rain Cloud" and "Who Loves the Little Lamb?". It was really cool to see her in action and all the little kids loved it.
Ok can I just say how much I love this picture? That Lion is so manly!!! You look at it and you're like Wow how can a lion have so much confidence? I just can't get over it.
After the bookstore we went to This is the place park. I never knew they had a mini village there, I always thought it was just a statue! Matt was in heaven and I had a lot of fun too.
I basically hung out with every mini group during the day.
Dan closed his eyes on purpose because he is a teenager.
Matt was so excited to go to the Mountain man Camp but it was closed. He bought a Mountain man book at the Kings English bookstore. It's a book about the adventures of the Mountain Men put into Poems. Yes POEMS. Matt says he falls asleep every time he reads it, but it's a good thing... Ok?
Sunday was our last day and Uncle B blessed Mackenzie in sacrament meeting. It was fun to see all of the uncles and cousins in the circle.
Matt's older brother John came up to see us from Utah County. We hadn't seen each other for two years so it was really good to catch up and see the nieces.
Our flight was that night at 8pm so we were off. It's always sad to see everyone go but we know we'll get together again in another two years. Rumor is that we are going to Hawaii?! An unofficial reunion will be next summer in San Diego so we'll for sure hit up that one.



7 comments:
Wow so many commments:
1) Your hair is so beautiful!
2) Nice shirts
3) Bay of Pigs
4) I love all the family games
5) I have baby cousins too
6) I miss you!
7) glad you had such a fun little vacation.
I think we stayed in the same house last year for our family reunion! We went to Heber and it looks the same from those pictures! You should ask Mary to look at those pictures and see what she thinks! Fun!
Wow, you are a great historian, putting all the photos up for all the fam to see. I loved every one. It seems all the Petersons are beautiful or handsome. No mud fences in that family. I'm glad you had such a fun time.
Aw so fun!!!! Girl we stayed at that same house last year for our family reunion! How funny! Looks like you all had a blast! Love you! :)
Hilarious!! It's because our families are so awesome that we stayed in the same house.
you should have called, if not only to leave the airport earlier!!! sad I missed ya.
Wow....that is a reunion! I will be excited when it falls on you to plan the Moffitt one!! Looks like you had a blast and DARN IT..you should have called when you were stuck at the airport, I live less then 10 minutes away! :( Next time!!
Post a Comment