Saturday, September 11, 2010

True Blue



I would say I'm a pretty true blue BYU fan. I try and watch all of the games but end up mostly just listening to them since I am too cheap to get the Mountain or ESPN :( I grew up with a Dad who is probably in the top 10% of the most psychotic BYU Football fans ever. I remember as a little kid going with my Dad to the stake center on Saturdays to watch the games via satellite. During half time he would always take us to Del Taco for the 10 cent tacos (or however much they were some 20 years ago...yikes!) Then as technology progressed, my Dad was able to watch the games from the comfort of his own home. We would spend most Saturdays during Sept-Nov watching football while eating chips from the blue football shaped bowl! I became a huge fan my 9th grade year due to the quarterback, Kevin Feterik. I seriously thought we were going to get married.
When I went off to Utah for my freshman year I made sure to get the student package and attended every game. Then came the day I shamed my Dad. BYU was losing almost every game 75-0 and I was sick of wasting my time so I didn't buy season tickets my senior year. My Dad almost disowned me! He still talks about it. I have repented of my ways and am now back on track.
The point of this rambling is that I love football and I guess it's all due to my Dad. Someday I will tape him watching a game and post it on here. It's hilarious.

Dad took me to the Virginia vs BYU game in Charlottesville, VA in 2000. We won and it was awesome!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Steven and Alexa said...

I guess we can still be friends even if you are a huge BYU fan.

Mary said...

Cute tribute to your dad :)

Whitings said...

I got to see your dad Sunday at Church! It was so nice :) He looked great!

You forgot to leave you email address on my blog. Just leave another comment with it, and I'll add you to my blog. And no one else will be able to see it!

Moffitt Fam said...

I think you kind of look like our other Amy Moffitt in the pic with you and your Dad! Cute!

Kate-Evans said...

I remember that day. Booty Shorts baby!!! That's one way to tell the President you love BYU and make fun of the male cheerleaders! haha!