Wednesday, August 24, 2011

If I Could Live Anywhere

I would most definitely live in San Diego. I love that place. Matt and I were able to take another fun vacation this Summer to California. We started our week off by driving down to the Moffitt family reunion in Huntington Beach/Buena Park. On Friday we met up with Matt's parents and stayed at the Hyatt right on Huntington Beach. We had a great Mexican Buffet for dinner and enjoyed cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents that night in our hotel room! We were lucky enough to get an office suite! Some of the meeting rooms at Hyatt also serve as guest rooms. So our room had a huge board room, wet bar, and a pull out couch! I think we had 15 people in that room just hanging out and playing games. It was perfect!

Saturday we drove over to Buena Park and had a get together at a really nice park. Matt's sister Lisa and her family and brother Mike and his family were there too! It was a lot of fun. We stayed there for about 6 hours and then if was off to the airport to drop Matt off. Matt had to work Sunday-Wednesday so he was sweet enough to fly back and let me stay with the car so I could go to my family reunion in San Diego. I was so proud of the fact that I drove from LA to San Diego and basically around San Diego all week long. My parents didn't rent a car so I drove everyone around and it wasn't that bad!
Grandma Moffitt, her husband Walt, her four children and her grandchildren
My family flew in late Saturday and so I had a couple of hours to hang out with my cousins. They basically played video games all night while I watched....teenagers. I love staying with my Uncle Whitney, he is known as the party uncle and he always has great food (sweets) and spoils us. I think we ate out almost every night while we were there! On Sunday we had a nice home cooked meal of course. Monday we drove over to the Mormon Battalion Museum and I was so impressed! Matt and I went there on our honeymoon but it was kind of boring. They recently renovated it and I felt like I was at Disneyland. Afterwards we went to a fun Mexican restaurant in old town.



Do not love my wispy hair but I like this picture with my baby sister

Tuesday we went to the beach! I love the beach, however I got the worst sun burn of my life. The weather is so cool in San Diego that you have no idea you are burning. It was horribly painful...like I couldn't even sit down for a few days. Anyways it was still fun! My Aunt Lezlie and cousins Katie and Nate met us there. They had just flown in from VA. At this beach there was a rock wall behind where we set up our canopy and millions of ground squirrels live in it. They were everywhere....I fed them of course.


All of the sisters together minus Kyra. She still had school in Idaho :(

Wednesday we went to Sea World! I hadn't been there since my honeymoon. We saw all of the shows and rode all of the rides. The Shamu show is kind of lame now. The trainers don't get in the water with shamu, they just dance around and clap their hands. I know it's for their safety so it's all good.


Little Sebastian!!

Soaking wet after the river rapids ride

Wednesday night Matt flew in! On Thursday we went to the San Diego temple to do baptisms. It was fun to have the family together in the Temple. Afterwards we had to get In-N-Out and See's Candies!

Friday was Harry Potter day!!! LOVED the movie. Might have shed a few tears. It was a great ending to the best series! I was a little surprised at how packed the theater was. We got there an hour beforehand and couldn't find seats together. I guess it was the first showing of the day but I thought all the mega lovers went to the midnight showing. I am too old to stay up that late.

Outside the theater. Missing Keeks (she went to the midnight show in Idaho and dressed up...)

Friday night we drove over to Glendora to visit some old friends. I lived in Glendora until I was 13 and it was fun to show Matt my OLD stomping grounds. Unfortunately the 50's diner was no more :( Saturday we drove up to Simi Valley to visit some friends. We were so nervous about the 405 being closed but Matt said he had never seen the freeway more clear! We lucked out. We stayed in Simi Valley until 3pm and then back to Phoenix it was. We made record time!

Donut Man in Glendora. My mom used to take us here after swim lessons

Matt and I with Crystal. She's a funny little girl!

And we can't forget Trumpy! We watched Mystery Science Theater one night and just laughed and laughed.....all Trumpy did during the movie was touch people and they would die. Best line- "Do you know what playing is Trumpy?" "Yes, it's when I break you in half"


Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

laurbird said...

let me know when you move there and I will follow. Love San Diego, despite the traffic.