I can't believe it's September, times flies! Matt and I had an awesome Summer. It all started with Hawaii, which was unbelievable. We have a conversation about Hawaii probably every few days and it always ends with....let's get back there soon! haha I wish!
Next I had Girl's Camp which was so much better than I had imagined. My idea of girl's camp was a scary one indeed. I'm hoping I can go next year and we've already started talking about our fundraiser. Be here before I know it.
After girl's camp came Matt's birthday! We didn't do much for his birthday. I got him some Angel's pens at the dollar store and the he bought himself a gift. We did go to Red Lobster. He is easy to please!
Mid-July was the Moffitt Family Reunion/San Diego. My favorite parts of Summer are the family vacations. Ever since I was a wee little one we always went on a family vacation during the Summer, so it's in my blood and I look forward to them all year long.
Following the vacation came my birthday. Matt spoiled me like always. He got me season tickets to the Gammage Theater which is where the touring Broadway shows perform. We are going to see West Side Story, The Blue Man Group, White Christmas, South Pacific, etc. I don't remember the names of the last three shows. I'm very much looking forward to these shows, I LOVE broadway.
The rest of Summer was spent working, going to mutual (I recently was called to be the Mia Maids advisor!! So excited), and swimming in our pool. For the most part we have been indoors though because we're going through a heat wave. Even Phoenix can experience a heat wave. I'm so looking forward to fall, even though it will still be in the 90's. I'm looking forward to it so much that I already decorated for Halloween!
Since I've been done with my internship, I've been working on re-finishing a dresser from goodwill. It's taking a lot longer than I thought it would, but only because it is too hot to be out in the garage.
I've also been working on getting my business up and running. I'm going to be an adoption contractor for agencies in the valley. I'm really excited that I will be able to continue working in the adoption field while being my own boss! For a long time I went back and forth between doing this business or getting a full time job. It's kind of scary going out there on your own but in the end I really felt like I was supposed to do the business. So far things are falling into place and it looks like I'll have enough work for it to be full time! The Lord has really guided and directed me with this and I couldn't be more grateful.
That's all for now......you all know I have a few trips up my sleeve for the Fall so I'm really looking forward to those :)

2 comments:
goodbye summer
SO JEALOUS of your calling, not so much jealous of your furniture redecorating circumstances (ie. the heat). Look at you all grown up and having your own business...very proud of you, my friend, very proud!
Post a Comment