Tuesday, April 30, 2013

YW Auction 2013

I guess a lot of people loved the fundraiser last year because it was suggested that we do it again! We did everything the same this year; silent auction, dessert auction, and Mexican dinner. I was in charge of the silent auction again and it was really easy compared to last year since I had everything saved on my computer. This year we sent around the auction sign up sheets a month in advance and then they disappeared into thin air. So a week before the event we sent around another sheet and I was thinking we wouldn't have any sign ups since people had already signed up but no the ward pulled through and we had SO much more than last year! Our ward is very generous. We had a great turn out and the girls did a fantastic job at donating their own services, setting up, serving, and cleaning up. They earned more than enough for camp!!! Matt and I donated a movie basket (dolphin tale which was hard to part with haah) and Matt made an Owl cake. The cake went for $38!!! Impressive. We bought a wreath, hair cut, cookies, and insulation upgrade (which we have had done and I already see a difference!!)

 
 
I was so busy running around and Matt was the auctioneer so we seemed to forget about Leah most of the night!! I know horrible parents. Good thing she is loved by so many and every time I would look for her someone else was holding her :)
Matt's owl cake. Talented hubby
Matt and two others from the ward did a comedy sketch much like the 3 stooges. Here you can see Matt riding a tricycle around the stage haha
Matt hissed and groaned about being the auctioneer again because he said he wanted to bid against people and antagonize others haha. However he finally agreed and did a great job!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Amy McFarlane said...

what the heck?! who knew matt could make a cake like that?! i am dying to see leah!!! she is so adorable and i LOVE all your blog posts!

Hedgecocks said...

I can't wait to see what kind of cake he makes for Leah's first birthday.

Ami said...

haha Amy I know, Matt has many hidden talents!

Good idea poiette! I hadn't even thought of that :)