We took advantage of the 3 day weekend and went down to PA to have loads of fun. While there we saw "The Water Horse", which was cute. **Matt did not see it** Matt got to go golfing in near freezing weather, and most importantly we joined my family in their MLK day tradition. We went down to Philly and made pies from scratch for the homeless. We were supposed to make sweet potato pies but they ran out of yams. So Tammy, my mother's friend, went through the elementary schools kitchen and threw peaches, cinnamon, sugar and flour together and we made 10 peach pies.
Dad in actionHailey
Yum.....finished productSweet baby Jack

Garfield taking up half the bed all weekend long!

Snugly Kitten
Matt golfing with the Wii
Funny Story by Matt:
So I was making pies in a Philadelphia inner-city high school when a sweet older lady approached me and asked what I was working on. Obviously, I was making pies. Everybody was making pies. Hundreds and hundreds of people were making pies. I think she was just being cordial. Anyway, she introduced herself as Marjorie Rendell. I responded by saying my name is Matt. She asked what organization I was with and I said that I was there with my father-in-law who works for PNC bank. I also told her that I was visiting from Connecticut for the weekend. She said back to me, "So that is why you don't recognize me." I didn't say anything. "I am the governor's wife." I told her it was my pleasure to meet her and she continued on to meet other volunteers. She was nice...for a democrat.





2 comments:
Haha, Matt. You offended the poor old woman.
What a nice way to spend the day. Your dad looks great. He looks very young. You can tell him I said that.
At least Matt called her a sweet older lady.
Post a Comment