My lack of energy/no posting is not because we haven't been doing anything fun lately.....well compared to the 10 days of KA we haven't! I am currently on day 6 of post surgery...ok ok, it was just my wisdom teeth but still, if you have had them out you know how hideous it is! The procedure went well and all 4 teeth came out with no problems. Here are the 5 things I learned from this experience....
1. I am allergic to Hydrocodone....isn't everyone?? The toilet was my best friend for day 1.
2. I love the show 'Family Feud'. I watched it every day at 11am. One day I aspire to be on that show!
3. Even though I have only eaten soup, smoothies, yogurt, pudding, and Popsicles for 6 days I have lost NO weight. I guess anorexia would not suit me well.
4. I do not have an attractive chubby side. My face BLEW up....I might be tempted to post pictures just to prove my unattractiveness but then I would just stress about it. Every time I looked into the mirror I was well reminded of my looks. My sister told me I looked scary every few minutes and my mom kept laughing at me. Now I am not offended by any of this because I was laughing too!
I went back to work yesterday and everyone kept telling me how cute I was and that I looked like a little chipmunk. The best comment was from my favorite nurse, Rosie. I was sitting at the nurses station going through some charts when someone started to ask me questions about my experience. My dear nurse Rosie looked over and said, "what happened?" I told her I had had my wisdom teeth out....she paused and then said, "I have been looking at you all day.....I thought you were just getting fat!!!" HAHA I love her. So if you see me in the next few days....no I am not getting fat...or at least I don't think I am. Although another lady told me I didn't look any different to her!
5. And last but not least I learned that I have many wonderful caring family members and friends. I had texts, phone calls and visits from friends and family. I know most people get their teeth removed and it's not that big of a deal. But I am a baby and a drama queen so it was a big deal to me! I felt very loved so thanks to all who thought of me, I am very glad to know I have so many wonderful people in my life.
7 years ago

1 comments:
aw, ami...you're justified in being dramatic! i'm a bigger baby- i've avided the dentis for 6 years (pathetic...and gross) just because i dn't want to deal with the wisdom teeth isue. and ew to puking. i HATE puking. you're my wisdom teeth hero.
Post a Comment