Sunday, August 3, 2008

Time Capsule

My dad's side of the family had our bi-annual reunion this past week. 10 years ago we put together a time capsule. We put in tapes, pictures and letters. We opened this capsule last week and I just have to share some things with you.

My family decided to put in individual letters. My Grandpa started reading them but they were all like 10 pages long! It's so weird to read your thoughts from so long ago. My baby sister Hailey wasn't even alive! So my letter was a 7 page typed letter. I documented my latest Hanson concert, how I loved animals, who my best friends were, and how I disliked school and chores! At the end of the letter I predicted my future. In 10 years I predicted this....(this is exactly how I wrote it in the letter, bad grammar and all!)

"I think in ten years from now I will hopefully be married and will be almost 24. I really want to attend a mission but if I fall in love before I will get married. I wish to attend BYU and get my masters in teaching in science or English. If I can't make it into BYU I wish to attend Dixie College in St. George. I want to be a teacher and live in California or Utah. I also want to be a champion diver I'm on the diving team right now, (I know a front dive, back dive, inward dive, and I'm learning a front flip.) I want to have my own car. I think that about tells everything about me. Bye."

Oh the future of a 13 year old teenager. I did get married! Had no memories of wanting to be a science or english teacher. Still want to live in CA. Never did become a champion diver. The front flip just never caught on! Oh and I do have my own car....score one for me!

Ok i have to put in one more paragraph because I think it is hilarious!

"The things I dislike are school a lot, My school is really evil and I hate it. I also dislike chores (probably because my dad is a chore fanatic.)"

Life was way too simple back then! I mean it's definitely hard being a teenager but I can think of 100 more things I dislike now. I wish I could just post the entire letter because to me it is hilarious. Let's just say I was way too obsessed with Hanson and I loved to go on AOL haahah.

My sister Lauren, 20, wrote a letter for the time capsule and in it I found a new word for my vocabulary. I am sure it will catch on! Here is what it says, (again bad grammar and all)

"My sister Crystal who is 11, and I share a room with, always call me a Morsk wich means moron and ugly and fat and a boy and stupid, and mean and a brat and other words like that but mainly fat and brat ugly."

I know that is SO mean but I cannot stop laughing. Oh the joys of sisters! So if I call you a Morsk....you now know what I mean. ;)

I think we are all planning on making another 10 year time capsule. Crazy to think what my life will be like in 10 years......

3 comments:

The Peterson Family said...

Ami, this is too funny. Wish we could have been out there with you guys. Miss you!

Aunt Lisa

Mary said...

So funny, Ami!!! What a cute idea you guys did. I love reading old things of mine from when I was younger. I actually was just reading some old elementary school journals, and personal diaries not too long ago to Eddie, and there was definitely some funny stuff! Sounds like you had a great time! Take care girl :)

Kristen said...

so funny- it is fun to go back and read old letters. I actually kept letters from a boy or a couple boys I loiked/dated in high school but threw them out because they were a little embarrassing.