Monday, May 18, 2009

Fifty, Nifty and Thriving

So we all know that mom turned 50 two weeks ago. What some of you might not know is that for the last four months I have been deviously putting together a surprise party for her>:) I was really stressed as to how we were going to get her out of the house but thankfully Crystal told her that she wanted to spend more time with her and wanted to take her to see a movie! It worked and she was out of the house from 1:30pm-5:30pm; just enough time to get everything done. When she got home we had everyone hide as she walked through the entrance way and we all yelled surprise and she ran away embarrassed haha! She had no idea whatsoever and was completely surprised.

We made cafe rio type salads complete with the sweet pork, rice, beans, and house dressing. We had cake and Rita's water ice for dessert. We had everyone take a quiz on Mom to see how well they knew her. I think a lot of people learned some new things about her! I believe she had a great time and will always remember her 50th birthday!

Decorations done by Matt;)

Cooking with Haldeeny.....the magician!
 
Everyone waiting for the birthday girl to arrive.

Surprised.


Reading the quiz answers.


Ritas:) Love Dad's face.

Yummy cafe rio type dinner.

Here's the question that stumped most people. Can you get it right?!?

What did Adrienne Major/Minor in?
a. Child Development/Psychology
b. Psychology/Zoology
c. Sociology/Meteorology
d. Spanish/Dating

1 comments:

Mary said...

That was so nice of you to do that! Way to go Matt on the decorations! Looks like it was so fun! Your mom is a sweetheart. And I see my mommy and daddy in the background of one of the pics :) Miss them!