Wednesday, August 18, 2010

5 Years!!!!!

Matt and I met during the fall of 2003 at BYU. We were both in the same ward and lived at Liberty Square. The first time I saw him was during sacrament meeting and I asked my roommates who he was. They told me, "That's Matt but don't bother because he has a 5 year rule. He won't date anyone 5 years younger or 5 years older than he is." I am 5 years and 2 months younger than Matt but I broke the mold and won him over anyways!
The following Monday our ward was getting together to go to a park in Salem and we all met in the quad. I was minding my own business when out of nowhere a frisbee hits me in the head. Everyone stared at me and I was horrified. Can you guess who had thrown it? Yes it was Matt and he didn't even say sorry. After that Matt was on my bad list. However, he soon redeemed himself by rescuing a bunny rabbit that was lost on BYU's campus. He took it home with him and named it David Bowie. Anyone that knows me knows that I am a die hard animal lover and the way to my heart is through animals! So I decided to give Matt another chance.
Our first date was to the Bombay House in Provo. We also played resident evil and watched "Holes". It was a fun date and the following evening we went to the 13th street haunted house in SLC. I was so scared, it was the perfect date for Matt to take me on because I was holding onto him like my life depended on it. A couple of weeks later we became exclusive. 1 1/2 years later we decided to tie the knot and 5 years later here we are! Matt once told me that if I married him there would never be a dull moment. He was right!
October 2003; I think this was our 3rd date. We went to Temple Square and ate at the JSB restaurant. We asked an older lady to take our picture and she made us pose like this!!

V-Day 2004


May 2004; I spent 10 days at his house in Ridgecrest, CA
October 2004

August 18, 2005

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Joe said...

David Bowie was awesome. What a cute rabbit he was.

And if I recall correctly, I think Matt was trying to throw the frisbee to me. Throwing the football/frisbee to me in the quad was Matt's opportunity to share/explore his feelings. I just liked playing catch :P

Though the best days at Liberty Square (aside from you budding relationship of course) were the water balloon fights we started. We were able to get everyone in the complex getting each other wet, all of them thinking we were on their team, yet we never got wet ourselves. Good times...

Kristin and Mike Jenson said...

Awww what a cute story. We miss you guys. There was never a dual moment with the two of you!

PS: What happened to David Bowie?

Mary said...

Girrrl, I love this post! Those were such fun times! I loved watching you guys get closer back then, you were examples to me. You are such a fun couple, and Matt is perfect for you. I feel honored I watched it all happen! Miss your face :(

The Peterson Family said...

congrats!!! love you

*DeMeLo HaPpEnInGs* said...

ahh, i love your story! Thanks for sharing. Happy Anniversary.

Kate-Evans said...

yeaa! beautiful couple!! I introduced you! haha.