
I find it quite pathetic that I'm experiencing the Monday blues while sitting on my couch watching TV and eating half a pan of brownies. I guess it's true that Monday's stink.
So it's August, which means 20 things:
1. My birthday! Yay, but not really yay because it's on a Sunday this year which means Matt will be at work and I will get to hang out all by myself and loath in self pity. Also it means I am turning 26 which is another bummer. Matt informed me the other day that I don't need to get upset because I'm still in my mid-twenties and next year when I turn 27 is when I can really start worrying.
2. Our 5 year anniversary! Wow, time really flies. I always wanted to go on a huge, crazy, expensive trip for our 5 year but since we are broke this year I'll have to settle for Cali. I love Cali so it's all good. We are staying at the Hyatt for three days and going to Disneyland and the beach. And as to not disappoint my wide eyed and bushy tailed 5 years ago self, Matt promised to go on that huge, crazy, expensive trip when I graduate in May! YES.
3. Fall classes/ Internship start. Did I mention I am doing my internship at LDS Family Services? Everything seriously fell into place for this internship and I really feel like I'm meant to be there. For some reason I thought that ASU would just set it up for me (because hey grad students aren't capable of doing things for themselves...right?). Anyways ASU had no intentions of setting it up for me and luckily a friend in the ward hooked me up with her MIL, who is the secretary there, and I met with the supervisor and it went great and I'm in! It's going to be hard but so worth it. Tomorrow is my last Summer class and I think I did pretty well in the class. I'm nervous for Fall because I have to get used to not sleeping in until 9:30 every morning but I think maybe I can handle it.
4. August would be the 6 month marker for my sisters return from her mission but she e-mailed me today and said she is going to extend, which I totally support.
5. Ummm...not much else is going on in August but I think those things make it pretty chalk full of FUN. Oh and here's an exciting nugget-My mom finally bought tickets to visit! My mom, dad, and sisters are coming out for an entire week in November! This will be their first visit to our home in AZ and I believe my sisters first trip to AZ ever. Hope we can show them what a rip roaring fun time they can have in the wild wild west. Actually they're mostly excited to eat at Cafe Rio but we'll still try!

4 comments:
Ummm, don't forget that hopefully in the month of August you will be visiting Flagstaff!!!!
come and see us!!!
At least you have Matt and a 5th wedding anniversary to counterbalance turning 26, but it isnt too bad and plus you could still pass for 22. HAPPY BIRTHDAY/ANNIVERSARY !!!!
What a fun month!!! I love what Matt said about 27, haha...I guess I should have been worrying this past year! I'll be 28 in October so don't feel too bad! haha. And that is so great about your internship, way to go! I hear you about the huge trip for your 5 year, we were wanting to go to Puerto Rico for ours...didn't happen...one day though, ha! Have a fab birthday and anniversary!!! :)
Post a Comment