Monday, October 11, 2010

I still have a social life....

I've really been trying to think of things to blog about but my mind is mush. September is a complete blur to me...literally...I can't remember anything I did, besides papers and driving back and forth from home to internship to school and back again. School is apparently my life!
I've decided that once in awhile school work can wait and I need to get out of the house and party! Well a couple of week ago Groupon had a deal to go see Rascal Flatts. I called Matt and asked him if he would want to go and he begrudgingly agreed to take me. Let the record show that I have seen The Moody Blues, The Doors and Dennis Deyoung and Matt has never had to go to one of my concerts. I've tried to go to some but they are always on Sunday. So then our friends Alexa and Steven said they were going to go too! Yay So we got there early enough to be in the front of the lawn seats and we rocked out to Chris Young, Kellie Pickler (who might I add is the only reason matt agreed to come in the first place!) We watched her on American Idol and both like her. Rascal Flatts performed a ton of their songs and were up on stage for a good 2 1/2 hours. It was their 10th year anniversary together so they put on a great show. This was my first country concert and it was fun to see many a cowboy hats and boots and not so fun to see the shortest bootiest shorts ever known to mankind!
Matt even had a great time when Rascal Flatts started playing Journey!





Matt and I really liked it when RF said they are a good family band and then they had these scandalous girls dancing on the screens!


At the end they had Kellie Pickler and Chris Young come out again and they all sang a song together. Might I add that Kellie Pickler was SO good and I really feel the need to go buy her cds.

4 comments:

Kristin and Mike Jenson said...

SOOO MUCH FUN!! I'm VERY jealous!! I've been dying to go to a RF concert for ages!! Let me know next time and I'll come too ;-)

karen said...

What a fun time! Kellie Pickler was a favorite that season on AI. Saw her on TV touring in Iraq just before Jeff went there. She was great with the troops. Would have loved to have seen RF also. Amy will be so envious!

karen said...

I really love to read your blog. You should do a blog book!!

Mary said...

Oh how fun for you guys!!! :)