literally!
When Arizona gets a storm it means business. Last Tuesday it was raining off and on and when I left for class from LDSFS (in Glendale) it wasn't raining too hard. However, as I got closer to downtown the rain started up again and the traffic slowed waaayyy down. By the time I got to the parking lot it was pouring cats and dogs; I couldn't even get out of my car because I would have been soaking wet after 2 seconds. Finally it stopped raining and I was able to get to class but our professor was stuck in traffic because they closed down 2 highways due to flooding! I waited along with 10 others and when he got there an hour later he decided just to cancel class, I think he was super frazzled. Meanwhile Matt was still at work because the rain had flooded the Hyatt and almost every employee was helping fill buckets of water and dumping them outside. It was perfectly timed because when he was done, I was done and we caravaned home on the side streets. That took forever because everyone else had the same idea! And it was scary to drive thru the scary parts of town late at night.....when we got home the ground was dry and there wasn't a drop of rain in our trash can that had been left out all day. So there was a huge storm 15 miles away from us which included hail the size of golf balls (or the size of baseballs and tennis balls in some areas), flooding, 2 closed highways and two tornadoes and we didn't even get one stinking drop of rain! and that my friends concludes my story of the super storm Arizona style.


Downtown Phoenix, you can see the Hyatt. It's the brown building with the round cap on top (looks like a hat)


2 comments:
That is an amazing story! Glad you got home safe.
I love storms!!! Crazy storm you all had!
Post a Comment