Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Post Christmas Festivities

Matt had to work New Years Eve so we picked up and drove to Ridgecrest New Years Day. Four out of six of Matt's siblings were still in town so we got to hang out with them for a few hours.

We had to take a family picture while everyone was there.

Sunday night it snowed in the desert! It was crazy.


We had to go hiking for Matt:) We went to to fossil falls and another small canyon hike. Can you tell by Matt's face how freezing cold it was? I was off sulking somewhere at this point...well after I took this picture of course!

Can you see Matt sitting in that tiny cave? He wanted to explore it but I was too scared. I thought a coyote lived in it!


I had a good visit with Rosie, Natalee's cat.

Ridgecrest Desert Landscape

We spent a couple of days with Matt's brother and family in Valencia. While there we took a trip to the Long Beach Aquarium. It was a really nice aquarium!

Wasn't sure if this turtle was alive but then it swam away!

Matt with baby Jakey. Cutest little thing.

Outside the aquarium. The kids were pretending to make the water rise.

Seals and Sea Lions! I love.

Audrey and Josh petting a sting ray.

Ally and Matt

Matt and sister Lisa with baby Nathan.

One last look at the view from Matt's backyard!

Besides the aquarium, hanging with family, and sleeping in we also went to the Lodge for a delicious steak dinner, ate Thrifty's ice cream, went to lunch with Danny & Yari, and ate tons of scones! I guess we love food!

2 comments:

Kristin and Mike Jenson said...

Looks like a lot of fun!! Glad you guys can enjoy the holidays!

karen said...

It was so fun having you here. We really did do alot of different things! But when you're here...no dieting allowed.hahaha