Friday, May 11, 2012

My New Frenemies

Matt has been telling me for some time that he keeps seeing owls sitting on fence posts in our neighborhood as he drives to work in the early morning. I believed him but never saw the owls myself (I don't get up before 8am....just sayin). So a couple of months ago I was driving at dusk and I saw the little precious things sitting on the school fence. Since then we have gone on many walks and taken pictures of the burrowing owls. They like to live in the ground and burrow into the dirt...hence their name. However, these owls do not live in a dirt hole. No they are much more sophisticated. They live in the rain gutter! I don't know what happens to them when it rains but good thing they live in AZ. There are three of them that live near the school and we always see them on our night walks. They don't like when we get too close and they hiss at us. That is why they are frenemies and not just friends. We are getting there slowly but surely! Matt wants to take them some meat and see what they do. I got a new camera from Matt and took these pictures. Aren't they just the cutest things you have ever seen? I've only named one so far and his/her name is Hoot. I'm still working on the others.

5 comments:

Mary said...

haha! So cute! I love your cute posts :)

Hedgecocks said...

You my friend are a hoot! My owls are back! So fun! How do I get Josh to walk with me?

karen said...

They are so cute! Great pictures Ami.

Lisa H said...

Oh my gosh they are adorable! But how can you tell them apart so you know which one is Hoot?

Dana said...

they are so cute! i love the one on the light pole. they look like some funny characters!