Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Playing Grown Up

My cousin Katie and I are 6 weeks apart to the day. We did everything together growing up. She lived in CA when I did and then she moved back East when she was probably 8 or 9 and my family followed a few years later. We were even baptized on the same day! So naturally when she had her first little baby doll I had to go spend some time with her and baby Cami. I bought a plane ticket (for the same price as driving) and flew to LA for four days. She lives in the cutest house right smack in the middle of Los Angeles!

Even though Cami was only a few weeks old, Katie threw a big bbq for me! My cousin Aubs and her husband came and my bff Mary and her family came! It was so fun to see everyone. Katie and I spent the rest of the week snuggling Cami, going on a walk where we trudged through the LA forrest and bought $10 worth of candy at the gas station!, eating at Cafe Rio and another delicious place right by her house, going to the singles ward ;), and just talking. I don't know how much of a help I was but I learned soooo much about newborns! My favorite part was taking a nap with Cami in my arms ( I know the nurses frown on this but it was so special!)

I was sad to go but I get to see them again in August and I can't wait to see how big my little Cami will be!


Enjoying the beautiful California weather

Mary! We grew up together (well from the time I was 13) in PA and were roomies in college. Now she is married with 3 beautiful children!



The only picture taken of us!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mary said...

DELETE that picture!!!! hahaha...I look huge in it, what the heck?!?! haha. Love you girl, so happy I got to see you too!!!!

Kate-Evans said...

Love you Ami! You were a HUGE help and lifesaver. Sorry I was such a boring mom.. :) but I loved our conversations. Can't wait for your BABE!!