Sunday, December 21, 2008

Shortest Day of The Year

Today, December 21st, is the first day of winter and also the shortest day of the year. Oh and it's Matt's half b-day! Only 6 months to go until the big 30!

Here in Greenwich, the sun rose at 7:17am and will set at 4:29pm. I cannot wait for the days to start getting longer. Summer here we come!! I know I am a little too eager. We had the first major snowstorm of the season on Friday. It snowed about 5 inches. And it's supposed to snow again on Christmas Eve. We'll have a white Christmas and Matt and I will be driving to PA in it. Wish us luck!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy half birthday Matt. We'll be praying for you to have a safe trip on Wednesday. We love you both and hope you get your next package before you leave :)

Lizzie said...

The snow makes Greenwich looks gorgeous! I also cannot wait for the days to start getting longer ... I'm done with the sun going down in the middle of the afternoon. What is up with that?!