
Our week of fun started with a trip out with my girlz to see 'Twilight'. No Matt did not see it and he says he never will. I have other plans.......Any who, I LOVED it. I thought it stuck very closely to the book and the actors were awesome. I am going to see it again at Christmas time with my sisters and Marmie.
.
The next day we headed out to Cali via Virgin America which is an awesome airline. We landed around 11am and when we emerged from the LAX airport we were greeted with 70 degree weather. I was already at home. We saw Matt's bro Mike and fam and then drove to Ridgecrest where we had a delicious prime rib dinner at The Lodge. Matt used to be the manager of The Lodge.
.
Sunday night we drove to the OC and stayed at the Hyatt courtesy of Matt and his awesome benefits. I got to see my old roomie, Julie. It was SO good to see her and her hubs, Asi. Monday we did the Disneyland thing all day. It was so much fun. Then we drove back to Ridgecrest, stopping to see Matt's grandma on the way.
.
Tuesday we went shooting in the back country! Wed. we woke up stinking early and headed out to tour the rugged landscape and take engagement pics for Matt's sister Amy and her fiance Tim. We had a lot of fun hiking the falls and meeting Potlicker, the infamous dog of Ballarat, CA.
.

.Thursday of course was Thanksgiving, which was delicious and full of family and fun. Friday we went shopping, didn't buy anything but had to go anyways!! Then we took the red eye back to JFK and got in around 6am.
.
Desert Rain
.All of you LOST fans out there will appreciate this. Michael from Lost was on our flight back and I totally stood behind him when we boarded! I was too afraid to talk to him or take a pic. Didn't want to seem like a creepy 'regular' person. But I finally saw my celebrity! Oh and Matt felt a little uneasy having him on our flight. I mean he obviously has bad karma because of Lost. Now that I think about it the turbulence was hideous. No kidding 10 minutes of hard core shaking and bumpiness. I pretty much started to cry and promised that I would never complain or be horrible again! That lasted about 2 minutes!
.
We miss CA and can't wait to go back. XOXO.
4 comments:
You'd better watch out or maybe one day Matt will accidentally shoot you. Come visit me this winter in PA & we'll scrapbook for hours.
Looks like you two had a blast. I seriously can not wait to this huge Moffitt reunion next summer!! Then you will be greeted with 110 degree california weather!! Happy Holidays to you and Matt.
Fun! It sounds like you had a blast there, and that you miss Cali :( I'm glad you liked Twilight!! I have heard good things about it too, I'm excited to see it as well! You look so cute in the pictures! In the first one of you, you look like Sarah Palin!!! NO joke!!! You're so cute, I miss you!
Good for you, Matt, not watching Twilight!
Stay strong!
Post a Comment