Sunday, October 11, 2009

Psychedelic Phoenix

The other day Ami and I were treated by the hotel to two tickets to The Doors. Two original members still play for the band. Ray Manzarek, keyboardist, and Robby Krieger, lead guitar, rocked the house with the Phoenix Philharmonic Orchestra backing them up. The performance overall was entertaining (the orchestra and conductor were fantastic), however, Ray made several off the wall remarks that probably would have made a sailor blush. From our view in the suite, it looked like Robby showed up in sweats and a t-shirt. They performed several crowd pleasing favorites including, People are Strange, Riders on the Storm, Light My Fire, Break on Through, The Crystal Ship, and Love Me Two Times (which they played…twice, ironically). I recorded the performances of People are Strange, Light My Fire, and Riders on the Storm. Pardon the quality, I made the recordings with a regular camera.




1 comments:

Joe said...

Cool, man. I'm jealous :)