Friday, October 30, 2009

Week In Review

So this has been an eventful week.


First off my baby sister turned 11 on Tuesday! WHAT?! I know she is 11 and I am old. I remember when she was born. Oi Vey. And when I asked her what she got for her birthday I expected to hear such things as a littlest pet shop toy, a web kins pet or a DS game. I didn't hear any of those things instead she told me she got clothes and a purse. A PURSE. She is too little for a purse. I don't want my baby sisters to grow up. Happy birthday to my hay hays.

Second, Kyra got her license. Again WHAT?! Not gonna lie, I'm a little scared but I gotta trust the DMV dude that passed her. haha. JK I'm sure she is fine. And big kudos to her for passing on her first try. She is the first in the family to do this. Yes it took me 4 tries and before you judge me maybe you should try to parallel park a suburban. Go Kyra!

Third, my Uncle John came to visit us last night! He was here on business and took the time to take us to dinner and then drive out to see the new house. It was great to visit with him. Thanks Uncle John!

Fourth, I had a wonderful opportunity to substitute teach for a 5th grade class this week. It was so much fun and I think I could definitely enjoy being a teacher. But I'm not gonna lie, by the end of the last day I was exhausted and when the bell rang I told the kids, "please get out"! I said it in a nice voice for those who are concerned. Then today they delivered me letters from each kid thanking me for teaching them. I was laughing out loud at each letter. One boy said it was the best day of his life. hahahaha.

That's about it for this week. I'm hoping next week I can say that I won McDonald's Monopoly game. I have been sucked into that game and have been to McDonald's more times in the past 2 weeks than in the last 5 years. Not. Good.

2 comments:

karen said...

i don't think i'd want to parallel park a suburban. didn't you have a smaller car??

Mary said...

Hilarious.