Because I was so lazy this year and only sent out a picture of us for our Christmas card, I thought I would write a little something something on the blog. So here we go...
Matt has been working hard this month on the Hyatt's atrium renovation project and it's not uncommon for him to work a 14 hour day. Gotta love being on salary. He has however, saved up enough comp days to make it another 3 week vacation year! YAY. That means I get to plan a whole week of fun for us to do whatever we want. I think I've mentioned it more than once but I want to go on a cruise and I feel like this is the year!
Matt enjoys working with the one teacher (14-15 year olds) in the ward as his advisor. He gets to go to mutual every Tuesday night and go on camp outs through out the year. He forgets his age when he is with the boys and often comes home with cuts and bruises from falling down during activities.
Matt has taken to the outdoors since we now live in a place where we can actually do those types of things. He went on a 2 day hike with his brother Mike back in May. They meant to hike Telescope Peak in California but the pass was closed due to snow. So they hiked around death valley. Matt is planning another hike for this coming May. He is going to hike the Grand Canyon rim to rim.
I have been kept busy this year with graduate school and am enjoying myself. I started school back in June and it's hard to believe that it has been 6 months already! I am completing my internship at LDS Family Services in Phoenix. This past semester I have been focusing on the adoption side of it and I've learned a lot. I worked with LDSFS in Provo for a year but things have changed and it's amazing how different the agencies are outside of Utah. Next semester I hope to focus on counseling. I'll be done in May and then it's off to get a job! I'm a little nervous but I've been in the work world before so I'm sure I'll adjust just fine.
I've had a few different callings this year. I was the activity day girls leader for a few months and then I was put into primary. I taught the 5 and 6 year olds and had a good time although they gave me a run for my money. I was also on the activities committee but that is no more. Starting next week I will be the CTR 4 teacher and I'm quite nervous but very excited to take up that challenge!
We added two cats to our house last year. Their names are Poohie and Gussie. They are like no cats I have ever met. They follow me around wherever I go and one of them loves to play fetch with us!
All in all things are good in our house. We have nothing to complain about and a lot to give thanks for. Christ lives and the church is true.
Enough said.

0 comments:
Post a Comment