Friday, April 8, 2011

A Favor For My Sister....

My little sister Hailey loves to read. She also loves to write letters to her favorite authors and have them sign their books for her. When she found out Brandon Mull (author of the Fablehaven series) was going on tour she mentioned that she would like a signed copy of his new book. She didn't ask me but instead asked my other sister who lives in Utah. I happened to see this conversation on Facebook and quickly pulled up his tour dates and locations. Sure enough he had a signing in Phoenix! You see, I also love his books. In fact I introduced them to Hailey....I quickly told my sister that I would be the one who would get her a signed copy because I wanted to get myself a signed copy!! I used my sister as an excuse but I love to do stuff like that! Even though I was probably the only person at the signing over the age of 12 (I am that cool), I had a ton of fun!


Shout out to my hubs because he drove up after work so I wouldn't be alone!


Afterwards we literally went right by the new Rita's! We had to stop. Rita's water ice and custard is the best treat ever. Seriously I love this stuff. I'm so happy a piece of Philly has made it to AZ. It's a 30 minute drive from my house but I might have to drive it like every week!! This picture makes it look kind of nasty! It's the new flavor, Peanut Butter Chocolate and I promise it's really really good!



3 comments:

Mary said...

Haha Rita's. Sad to say I have never gotten into that stuff, I know, I knoa..I'm a disgrace to the Philly name ;)

KevandChels said...

Yeah! Rita's is here in NC too! So fun.

Kyle and Kyia said...

Hey Amy! Just found your blog through alexa's. Gosh, it's been too long!! We need to all get together! Hope you're doing great!