Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Manager of the Year

So you might remember that a year ago Matt was awarded the manager of the quarter at the Regency Hyatt Phoenix. Well at the end of the calendar year the Hyatt has a big awards ceremony where they gives out awards for the department of the year, the associate of the year and the manager of the year. In order to be eligible for the manager of the year, you must have won the manager of the quarter that year.

The awards ceremony was very nice and was black and white attire. They had a few of the conference/ballrooms put together and had it decorated in black, white and red. They had food stations located through out and the food was so good! They had a carving station, Mexican, Italian, Chinese, Japanese and a bar. I love to get dressed up and go to work parties!

So can you guess who won?!?! OK you better have said Matt!!!

Matt definitely deserved this award. He puts a lot of time and effort into his job and I believe he makes a difference. Everyone I met had so many good things to say about Matt and of course I heard all about how he loves to talk about politics haha.

Matt received a really nice glass award that says 'Matthew Moffitt, Manager of the Year 2010'. He also was given a little cash prize :) His boss gave a really nice speech about how hard Matt works and what a difference he makes at the Hyatt. I'm so proud of Matt and I know he will continue to advance in his career and make a difference!


Here is Matt with all the management committee. Don't love this picture of me! They made me come up on the stage in front of like 300 people! I was dying haha.


Matt in his office with his award


6 comments:

Kate-Evans said...

Yea!!! Congrats Matt. You really deserve it!!

Unknown said...

Good job. I never doubted your ability to achieve this.

Amber said...

Good Job Matt!

Lindsey said...

Way to go, Matt! The last 3 pictures didn't show up, but I liked the 1st : )

Ami said...

I fixed the pics....hopefully!

Mary said...

Congratulations, Matt!!!! :) Girl you look so pretty too!