As you can see from the pictures, I'm sporting my black suit and tie again. If you look carefully you'll notice I was on BYU's campus. Hyatt asked me a few months ago to help them recruit more BYU students. I'm sure that's because they believe I'm so awesome and they want more trainees like me....haha. But seriously it was a fun trip and after speaking to the students about my job at the Grand Hyatt New York, I realized how much I had learned during the past eight months. My presentation was on the chiller plant replacement that we are doing at the hotel. Everybody seemed to find it quite interesting.
My old friends Joe and Kimberly Seegmiller stopped by to see my presentation, Kimberly being 9 months and 9 days pregnant. It was good to see Joe and talk to him for a few minutes. Kimberly looked very anxious to go to the delivery room. I also saw my sister-in-law Lor Lors (aka Lauren aka Sniffer) and her new boyfriend, Branden Hill. Branden is a mechanical engineering student and says he enjoyed the presentation. He seems like a fine young man who promised me he would begin the process of putting his mission papers in by Sunday. Lauren was kind enough to make me chocolate chip cookies. She was trying to sabotage my diet but, thanks to a mild case of Montezuma's Revenge, I actually lost 1.5 lbs during the trip.
Pictured with me below in front of the picturesque Wasatch front is my boss Manny Rosa. Manny quite enjoyed BYU and the surrounding areas; it was his first trip to Utah. Our day was packed with tours of campus and also campus athletic facilities, including legacy hall, the indoor practice facility, Miller Park, and Lavell Edwards Stadium. John Graves and Chuck Anderson were kind enough to take us around.
We stayed at a Marriott hotel. I also reconnected with Bajios and it was delicious. Special thanks to Jared, Lindsey and Corinne for keeping Ami away from the TV while I was gone. Nevermind to Jared and Lindsey...all you did was show her episodes of Lost.




----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
While Matt was in Provo he made a quick trip to the Orem mall and bought me some See's candy.....It was to ease the pain from staying alone for three days. He's so sweet....like candy!


3 comments:
Ohhhh, yummy candy-remember when I shared my cheesecake with you...jk Also, in our defense to the accusations above, we also fed Amy a delicious and nutritious (probably more delicious than nutritions, but still)meal of spaghetti!
We found you. I wish I could have been there for your chiller presentation. I mean, who doesn't love to hear about chillers? Do you have some video of that?
P.S. It was good to see you made the pilgrimage to see the shrines of the cougar greats.
Post a Comment