Sunday, June 29, 2008

Don't Miss a Beat

One of the things we miss most about BYU is the Daily Universe. We loved to read the captivating stories, the controversial opinion section and most of all the Police Beat. Here are some of our favorites.

"Police Beat on June 12, 2008 A blind deer was found by a resident at the Wymount Terrace. Provo Animal Control was called and they came and took care of the animal. They knew it was blind because it was running into things."

"Police Beat: Aug. 2, 2006 A parking officer reported an open container of alcohol in a vehicle near the Harris Fine Arts Center. Upon investigation, police determined the container in question was in fact an empty bottle of maple syrup." (Our all time favorite!)

"July 3-18: A package of Oreo cookies and two cases of compact discs were reported stolen from the WSC Ballroom. One of the cases contained CD's and DVD's with EFY resources on them. The other contained personal CD's. No arrests have been made." (This police beat just made my day....I really want to meet the person who reported Oreo cookies missing.)

"Police Beat: March 19, 2008 A male student posted fliers in female dorm halls asking for dates to satisfy a dating requirement for his marriage preparation class. The fliers not only violate BYU policy but were disturbing female residents. Police discovered that the student was not enrolled in that class and the professor he said he had has retired."

Click on the following link to read student opinions on Cloak Boy and the Terrace piano. http://newnewsnet.byu.edu/story.cfm/67667

4 comments:

*K*R*I*S*T*Y* said...

PS why are we in your "friends' section??Let me clarify, we are not "friends" we are bloood bro.

Melinda Jones said...

Oh my, I was laughing so hard from this post. Thanks for providing my otherwise boring day with a little "pick me up," courtesy of the good old Police Beat. I only regret that I didn't get a job as the journalist covering the police beat.
-Mel

laurbird said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
laurbird said...

I saw Cloak Boy in action! Every morning I would see him either running across campus with his long, gray cloak billowing in the wind, or standing outside the JKB singing to himself. Casey and I referred to him as "Cloak Boy" for months before the newspaper came out with that, it was hilarious.