Monday, June 16, 2008

Riding Out the Day's Events

Saturday was a full day for Jordan and I as we celebrated our birthdays with golf, swimming and a Rush concert that rocked Philadelphia from the Wachovia Center all the way to the Museum of Art. Jordan got us floor seats for the event which lasted almost 3 1/2 hours and had our ears ringing for days. The band played classics including Limelight, Tom Sawyer, and Natural Science, and a handful of songs from their new album, Snakes and Arrows. It was a spectacular display of lights, lasers, pyrotechnics, and music. Take a look at the sweet pictures I took with my phone.

This is a pretty good shot of Alex Lifeson and Geddy Lee. You can see Neil Peart's huge drum set in the middle. Peart played an extremely long and complex drum solo towards the end of the concert.

The visuals were awesome throughout the show.




This is a picture of the band with a man in a chicken suit. The chicken man is the yellow guy on the right. He's checking the chickens cooking in the rotisserie oven on stage.



Here is one of Geddy Lee hoppin' around the stage in his Phillies shirt.



Jordan and I before the concert in our Rush shirts.




1 comments:

abbybrossette said...

At first I thought this was Ami. I was trying to think of why she would go to a concert and who was Jordan. Thanks for clearing that up Matt. How are you guys?