Monday, March 9, 2009

Here's A Thought....

So as I'm sitting at my desk today listening to the same three CD's the nursing home plays over and over again on the loud speaker, I began to think. Not just think in general but think about the music that I 'get' to listen to almost daily, which includes Frank Sinatra, Elvis and Etta James. Most of the residents in the nursing home grew up with this music so it's nostalgic for them to hear these tunes, even if they hear the same songs 5 times each day.
So I began to wonder, what will nursing homes play when I am 80 years old? I hope that I never have to enter a nursing home, but if I do, what will I hear? I have grown up with rockers such as N*Sync, Dashboard Confessional, No Doubt, Rhianna, Cold Play and so on. Will nursing homes play these tunes in 60 years?

And that is what I spent most of my day thinking about.

2 comments:

templework said...

That is certainly safer than thinking about what all the 'cool' tattoos are going to look like when they are 80 years old and wrinkled...

ARGH!

Mary said...

hahaha, you're so funny. Clever question. Funny thing is I love Elvis, Frank Sinatra, not too familiar with Etta James music, but I feel like I have an old soul already, haha.