March is National Professional Social Work Month.
Now go hug a social worker:)
Some facts:
~
-More than 600,000 people in the United States hold social work degrees.
-Social workers help people in all stages of life, from children to the elderly, and in all situations from adoption to hospice care.
-Social workers help people in all stages of life, from children to the elderly, and in all situations from adoption to hospice care.
-Professional social workers are the nation's largest providers of mental health services. Social workers provide more mental health services than psychologists, psychiatrists and psychiatric nurses combined.
~
And I just about died laughing at this poem. (sorry if it offends anyone but it's SO true! And just to set the record straight, I absolutely love being a social worker, I wouldn't choose any other career).
~
~
How to Get to Heaven
A woman knocked at the heavenly gate,
Her face was scarred and old.
She stood before the Man of Fate
For admission to the fold.
"What have you done," Saint Peter asked,
"To gain admission here?"
"I've been a social worker, sir,
For many and many a year."
The pearly gates swung open wide.
Saint Peter touched the bell.
"Come in and choose your harp," he said.
"You've had your share of hell."
A woman knocked at the heavenly gate,
Her face was scarred and old.
She stood before the Man of Fate
For admission to the fold.
"What have you done," Saint Peter asked,
"To gain admission here?"
"I've been a social worker, sir,
For many and many a year."
The pearly gates swung open wide.
Saint Peter touched the bell.
"Come in and choose your harp," he said.
"You've had your share of hell."

2 comments:
sounds like a job that goes from the cradle to the grave. My sister works on the hospice end of things and I know that you perform a very valuable service. I'm sure Matt won't mind hugging a social worker :)
haha, love it! I know that all of your clients probably just love you! :) Miss you guys, and you are in our prayers!
Post a Comment