Sunday, June 26, 2011

Hawaii Day 6

Day 6 we said good-bye to Oahu and hello to Maui. The flight to Maui was only 30 minutes but it was a little stressful because it was on a mini plane. Once we arrived I knew I was going to love our last 3 days of vacation. Maui is so beautiful! The Maui Hyatt was the nicest one we have stayed at yet! We were greeted with lei's and a room upgrade.The lobby had colorful birds, penguins (yes penguins!), tropical flowers, and pineapple growing. The grounds were picturesque. I can't imagine staying anywhere else after staying there. After we checked into our room we walked along the water and shopped in the whaler's village. That night we went to the Luau at the Hyatt. At the door they gave us lei's and tropical punch (or Mai Tai's for the adventurous folk). It's weird but everything in Hawaii tastes so much better than the mainland! The punch was so good I think I had 5 glasses before the waiter made me drink water. Once we were all seated they uncovered the pig from the roast and brought out the food. The buffet consisted of Kalua Pork, Huli Huli Chicken, Mahi Mahi, Polynesian Rice, Vegetables Makamaka, Tropical Fruits Anuenue, Soba Noodles, Lomi Lomi Salmon, Pacific Ahi Poke, Tossed Green Salad, and Poi (taro). They also had delicious deserts; Macadamia Nut Lu'au Cream Pie, Haupia with Toasted Coconut, Pineapple Cake and Bread Pudding. After dinner the show started and it was very entertaining. My favorite part was the fire dancer. A luau is a definite must when visiting Hawaii.

Leaving Oahu (I always make Matt take a picture in front of any Hyatt we stay at)





View from the plane







2 queens? Yes they gave us 2 queens and it wasn't all that bad to have our own beds for a few nights!



























0 comments: