Tuesday, June 7, 2011

"Quibo Good Boy"


My Mom, Dad, and Crystal came to visit a few weeks ago and while they were here my Mom, Crystal and I spent a couple of days in Sedona. We started off the first day with a 5 hour trip to the outlet malls! We all found some great stuff. Next we drove up to Sedona and spent the night in the Best Western which had gorgeous views of the red rocks. For dinner that night we decided to stop at this diner we saw from the road. It turned out to be an alien diner and was a little psychedelic! In the morning we tried to go on a hike but you had to have a permit so we hiked 10 feet in and took pictures! On our way back to Phoenix we stopped off at the Out of Africa Wildlife Park. I loved it! One attraction is a safari and they take you into this gated area where they have giraffes, zebras, gazelles, water buffalo, etc. The giraffes have to be kept separated because they fight over an invisible female haha. One was named Quibo and the tour guide kept yelling out "Quibo good boy" in this crazy voice. Crystal can do the voice perfectly and it's hilarious! We each got a carrot to feed to the giraffe or camel. She said we could put the carrot in our mouth and he would take it right out with his crazy long tongue. Did I proceed to do this? HECK YES! It was ridiculously fun. Afterwards we went to the tiger splash show. There was no splashing going on since it was freezing cold. I definitely want to go back and take Matt with me! Right before we got home we hit up Rita's. My mom was visiting from Philly and she had to go to Rita's while in AZ! Go figure!



















Crystal's carrot broke in half so she got a true kiss from Quibo! haha



















Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Hedgecocks said...

I don't know what I love more- that crazy diner with yummy burgers and shakes and crazy bathrooms or the picture of you kissing the giraffe!

Ami said...

I didn't even look in the bathrooms! Next time I go back (because there will def. be a next time) I will check them out!