For Christmas Matt promised me two new kitties. We have always wanted cats were not able to because of our living arrangements. On Wednesday night we headed over to Petsmart and fell in love with Sprite and Lovee (names will be changed). We thought we would get kittens but Petsmart was fresh out and we loved these little gals. On our way home we had to put them in those cardboard cat carries and they were not happy. It was like out of a movie where the box rattles and it seems like there is a beast inside. Well its true life folks. When we were almost home one of the cats really started freaking and she ripped the top right off and out she came. We were laughing so hard!
The first night was a sleepless night because both cats were exploring and meowing and sneezing all night long. Because of this sneezing and coughing (yes cats cough) we took them to the vet Friday night. They have what is called, The kitty cold. Apparently every single cat that comes from the shelter has it. We didn't know that. Next time I'm thinking we will go thru craigslist. So now our little kitties are on antibiotics and vitamins.
Lovee, little kitty, is so snuggly and sweet. She is one year old and is very small for her age. She sleeps at our heads all night and loves to lay on us. She is laying on me right now.
And here is the best part. I am barely allergic! I get horrible allergies when I go home. I have to wash my hands immediately after petting my parents cats. With these cats I can pet them, let them lay on me and I barely sneeze! It's a miracle.
We don't have names for them yet. Any suggestions???

3 comments:
YAY!!! Kitty cats!!! I'm sooo happy!! No help with cat names though :*( Glad your allergies aren't to bad. I think its a mental thing. You want the cats soo bad you make yourself not allergic. I swear thats what happened to me. Mikes still pretty miserable some days though :( I guess he doesn't want them enough. They are adorable. Have fun with them!
Laurel and Hardy! . . . which could totally both work as girl cat names :)
How about Peach and Daisy? They were both princesses . . . in love with plumbers.
awwww i love them! little cuddle monsters! i'm so jealous. i keep saying to hunter "ami got 2 cats for christmas" and then looking at him with those eyes that are demanding 2 cats, or at least one.
when i fostered some kittens, they had colds too. it was so sad and pathetic, and they hated their medicine, but i loved giving it to them because i felt like their mama.
Post a Comment