Sunday, January 17, 2010

Top 10 Movies of 2009


In response to my Uncle Brennan's Top 10 movies of 2009 Matt and I made our own list.

10. Terminator Salvation
Lots of action and a unique look into the franchise. Best Terminator since the first one.

9. Twilight: New Moon
What can I say? If this movie didn't make the list then I just wouldn't be a true fan. Much better acting, music and special effects then the first.

8. 2012
Really intense special effects and an interesting plot. The acting wasn't all that great but the special effects made up for it.

7. Avatar
This is one that I (ami) didn't see. Matt says, "it has ridiculous special effects. A little bizarre and a little political."

6. Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince
As usual I love Harry Potter. Thought it was a little heavy in character development and left out some key scenes. However I still enjoyed it.

5. The Princess and The Frog
Matt didn't see this but I decided it had to go on the list. This movie takes you back to the Disney princess days. I loved the music and the characters. I'll buy this movie once it's out on DVD.

4. Star Trek
Not a true trek but entertaining non the less. Loved McCoy. The acting, special effects and story line were all great.

3. Paul Blart: Mall Cop
LOVED Paul Blart. It got even funnier when we moved to Arizona where all of the mall cops ride on segways and flirt with the teenage girls. We love Kevin James and it's so nice to see a clean comedy.

2. UP
Always a fan of Pixar and after a few years of so-so movies, UP takes the cake. I saw this movie twice in the theatres and cried and laughed both times.

1. Taken
What can we say, we love a good action thriller. Saw this movie in the theatre and it was worth every penny. The bad guys definitely get what's coming to them. Almost as many one liners as Napoleon Dynamite.



Runners up:
Angels and Demons
Knowing
New In Town


Worst Movie of 2009

My Life In Ruins

Take it from us, if you want to waste 2 hours of your life and poke your eyes out at the end or even in the first ten minutes, then watch this movie.

0 comments: